When deciding which college to wait for the following four years, it is therefore valuable to look at the educational school you are considering, if possible. I remember visiting numerous schools throughout the springtime of my year that is senior and to imagine myself as a student for each campus. Exactly What would we eat at the dining hallway? Where would my classes be located? Who would my classmates, roommates, and friends be? For me, it finally clicked when I found a campus that I could truly see myself doing all of these things and more and nevertheless be myself. We encourage all of our admitted students to take advantage of our admitted student programs throughout this next month to try to envision exactly what your USC experience might be like.
Even although the National Candidate Reply Date isn’t until might 1, we have pupils asking, ‘Where do I sign the dotted line to attend USC?’ If (and ideally when) you choose to come to USC, here’s an outline regarding the steps that are next becoming a full-fledged Trojan:
- Submit your Enrollment Commitment form and $300 deposit on line at USConnect.usc.edu.
- Apply for educational funding, in the event that you haven’t already. Go to the Financial Aid section of our internet site for more information about how precisely to apply for financial aid.
- Submit your Housing application by May 1! Housing assignments are made based on the date you submitted your application, thus you’ve got a better chance to getting the type of housing you want the earlier you apply. Also if you’re maybe not 100% sure you are visiting USC next year, you can submit the housing application and $45 fee to keep your spot in line.
- Subscribe to attend Orientation over summer time. Orientation is a great opportunity to spend time on campus learning about the resources, facilities, and possibilities you’ll have access to as an undergraduate. You’ll meet other admitted students and you are going to additionally register for courses with an advisor that is academic. You will be in a position to subscribe to an Orientation program 5 7 company times after you distribute your commitment deposit.
- Send in your final high college transcript and AP/IB exam results. USC awards university credit for most AP examinations with a score of 4 or 5. USC also grants credit for every score of 5, 6 or 7 on the IB high rate exams. Browse our Office of Articulation website to see exactly what kind of credit USC grants for the AP that is various and exams.
When you yourself have questions that are not covered in your admission packet or on our blog or website, please contact your admission counselor. We are happy to help answer your concerns and can not wait to welcome you to USC!
USC: A Global Experience
USC prides itself on being a ‘Global University,’ but what does that mean?
For starters, we have more international students than any private institution in the nation (15% in last year’s freshman class!). We believe having students from different countries around the world contributes to a learning that is positive by allowing for various viewpoints and viewpoints to be highlighted into the class room.
Certain courses themselves are even designed around providing pupils with the chance to interact with pupils from other countries. A top Mexican university, as well as hear lectures by Mexican scholars via special videoconferencing software for example, Professor Pamela Starr in the Dornsife College teaches a class called International Relations 366: Mexico and its Relations with the U.S. In this course, USC students work collaboratively (via Skype) with students from ITAM.
USC additionally ranks sixth into the nation for sending students abroad. We provide 54 programs in 29 countries, on every continent except Antarctica (maybe someday!) Students can go abroad for a entire year for a complete immersion, or just for a semester. We also offer many summer programs if you don’t want to stay away from USC for too long. For example, freshmen in the Marshall School of company have the opportunity to meet leaders in worldwide business by traveling abroad for a program that is 10-daypast locations have included Shanghai, Beijing, Taiwan, and Argentina) through the LINC Program, and Dornsife students can improve their Spanish language skills by investing a summer coping with a host family and taking courses in Madrid, Spain. To find out more about abroad programs, please visit our Office of Overseas Studies website.
Students may also do research abroad through programs such as for example Problems Without Passports. Problems Without Passports provides pupils with all the chance to combine research that is inquiry-based international travel. For a weeks that are few students will remain on-campus and investigate an issue that is international in scope. They then travel towards the certain area they are researching, letting them round out their learning with hands-on discovery. This summer, dilemmas Without Passports programs are being offered in Rwanda, Brazil, and Cairo, just to name several!
In addition to study abroad opportunities, Trojans can feel connected around the global world with our 20 alumni offices overseas. Most recently, we have opened an office in Sao Paolo, shmoop.pro Brazil, where we have already begun to increase our collaboration with Brazilian researchers. With more than 300,000 living alumni worldwide, USC will only continue to expand its international existence.
As we become an increasingly globalized culture, it’s imperative that our students are exposed to various countries, as well as obtaining the possibility to experience those cultures first-hand. We may be called the University of Southern California, but we have been undoubtedly a place that is global!